Arts Achievement Awards open for nominations
December 31, 2014The Arts Alliance Mountain Empire announces the call for nominations for its first AAME Arts Achievement Awards. The awards will recognize five living individuals who have made outstanding contributions to the arts in the Tri-Cities area.
The five awards will come from these categories:
• Artist — Achievement in the Arts: Theatre, Music, Dance, Visual Arts, Literary Arts or Photography;
• Arts Educator — Achievement in arts education in a college or university, primary or secondary school;
• Arts Administrators — Achievement in the management of arts institutions; and
• Arts Advocate — Achievement in sustaining the arts through volunteering or financial support.
The selection will be based on artistic excellence, perseverance and a deep commitment and sustained contributions to the arts and the cultural community.
The nominees should reside in
• Washington and Sullivan Counties in Tennessee
• Bristol, Kingsport and Johnson City in Tennessee
• Washington County, Virginia
• Bristol, Virginia.
A gala awards ceremony will be held in May to honor the winners.
The Arts Alliance Mountain Empire is an arts council formed as a service organization for artists, arts organizations and other cultural endeavors throughout the Mountain Empire. AAME fulfills its mission primarily as the publisher of A! Magazine for the Arts, but it also has published an arts directory and has sponsored lecture series and workshops on arts-related topics.
Nominations can be made online at aamearts.org, or the form in this issue of A! Magazine can be filled out and returned to AAME, P.O. Box 94, Bristol, TN 37621. The deadline for nominations is March 1.
BACK TO THE MAIN STORY
>> AAME is a service-oriented art council