Tennessee Craft invites organizations to submit events for the 2016 Tennessee Craft Week
April 12, 2016For the second year, Tennessee Craft (formerly TACA) is leading a statewide effort to spotlight and celebrate craft and craft artists across the state during Tennessee Craft Week (Oct. 7-16). TCW is concurrent with American Craft Week, a national marketing effort for making the fine craft community noticeably more visible during this time. For more information or help brainstorming ideas contact project manager Mary Grissim. Grissim Group, Mary@grissimgroup.org, 615-584-5210
How to Get Involved
1.Plan something during Tennessee Craft Week Oct. 7-16, 2016 – like an activity with a participatory or interactive element, a demo, lecture, panel or just an exhibit. Or identify and sign up an existing event like a crafts fair or festival that showcases Tennessee craft artists.
2.Visit Tennessee Craft Week webpage for details on how you can join in and be a part of the action.
3. Register your event at www.tennesseecraft.org/ tennessee-craft-week.
4. Participants can download tools, posters and logos to promote their events.
5. Document your activities (take photos, record estimates of sales generated, attendance at events and number of participating artists). Your data, added to others, will attract the attention of partners who can help us expand our promotion of YOU!
Why Get Involved?
1. There is strength in numbers – more participants draws increased attention, which will help our supporters, the media and the public to better realize the collective impact of craft on our culture, communities and the economy.
2. All craft artists and arts or educational organizations can participate and be promoted as part of the state wide group.